Thursday, May 12, 2011

Wishes


Sometimes I wish....
... that I could go up to anyone and talk with them or hang with them and not feel like I would creep them out because a complete stranger is intruding into their lives. (Brave words for a four-eyed fat man.)
Case in point: we were traveling last week and at a Burger King in another city I saw four teens sitting at a booth. All were pierced. The oldest seemed to be about 16yrs. The younger ones were maybe 13-14yrs.
Were they siblings? Were they homeless? Were they their own gang just trying to survive without adults in a big city?
I can make up stories about their lives. But I wanted to sit with them and soak up their lives. No judgements. No trying to save them. Just observing...
How would I do that? Hand them a business card? Tell them I am a writer/producer/filmmaker?

.....

No comments: