Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Sketchbook and Pentel Pens










We keep a small steno pad in the car to write down ideas. Or the names of people we hear on NPR.
And while we're waiting at the bank or at a Sonic Drive-In, we can make sketches.
This is one from February.

This is my favorite pen. I buy them in 4-packs at Staples. It's a Pentel EnerGel 0.5mm. I like them with caps instead retractable. I like the caps because it's old school, one step up from quill and ink bottles. (And if I have to let a customer borrow it, I hang onto the cap so they have to give it back!)
The writing is smooth. The sketching power is great. (I used to use the 1.0mm but it gets a little fat for everyday writing and order taking.)
So that's my secret.
....

2 comments:

Tammy Chang said...

loving the sketch of the cat.
and also the sketches that I can see through the paper :)

that pen looks pretty cool. i have a pretty old school old where you have to dip it into ink. i wonder why i didn't pick it up again..?
maybe i should. looks fun

Pete Sleeper said...

Thanks!