Saturday, December 13, 2008

New Story Idea 1

It's funny how an idea can burn
through itself in a matter of hours
or even minutes.
.
Like a delicate wildflower
that blooms and withers
in a short period of time.
.
I fashioned a new story
one day
this week
and by day's end
I had talked myself out of it.
.
Not so much killed it
as realized that the logistics
were too complex for me.
.
At this time.
.
I want my stories to see the light of day.
I want to entertain others.
I want to collaborate.
To see my stories told with other voices.
.
Are the other voices better than mine?
Do I feel that my writing is inferior?
.
Yes and no.
.
No, because others
do like my writing style.
And I like my writing style.
.
Yes, because I am not
as prolific a writer as I want to be.
That is where I feel inferior.
.
Isn't that the rub in all art?
There is not enough time or energy
to adequately connect
the inner self with the outer world.
....

No comments: