Monday, November 24, 2008

Random Searches

Years ago when surfing the Web was new, I used to waste hours just randomly following links from one webpage to another. Like an explorer without a destination. Just to see what I could see.

Just to see another world outside of my town and my experience.

I was enthralled when I found a webcam of a bridge in Stockholm. I could check the weather there, day or night.

Then, I got tired of random searches. The newness was gone.

I'd reached the end of the universe. I found the last Web page beyond which there was nothing. (Not really, it just felt that way.)

Now I've begun to do random searches for blogs. I just click "Nex Blog" and see what is out there. Most of the sites are in languages I can't read. But there are some fine photogaraphers out there that bring their world close to me.

People have uploaded photos of snow already. I forget there are places that get snow this early in the season.

I found a blog from a Manga artist living in Sweden. Some of it is English, some is not.

I found a photographer in the UK who only publishes her photos and not her words.

What am I looking for? Anything. Everything.

There is a lot of energy out there. Just one idea can keep my mind going all day.

In wonder. In awe.

The world is at once bigger and smaller than I imagine.

....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, sometimes I will spend forever just looking through blogs and seeing what other people are interested in.