Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Translating Web Pages

I have found some French blogs by French artists and animators. The drawings are incredible and the sketches dynamic.

But I couldn't read them. I did find out I can translate whole pages with BabelFish on Yahoo. Some of the translations are off but it gives the general idea of the blog. And when I click on a link from the translated page, the next web page gets translated too. (As long as it's the same language.)

So that helps.

Can I reverse the process and translate my webpage to French and post it?

That would be cool.

...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds interesting what are the links so that I can check the sketches out?

Pete Sleeper said...

Oh, hi, Grace, didn't see your comment till today. The blogs and sketches are listed in my profile as the blogs I follow.
One is Fredi Fredo.
Another is "les gribouillons de Caroline Piochon".
Once you type in their webpage info into "yahoo babelfish" it will translate that page and the links on their page.
(I usually have one window open on yahoo babelfish and another window open with the blog page I want to translate. Then I can copy and paste the http etc. without typing it all in.)

And there is a whole world out there of artists. (Just like the world of poets and writers.)

Pete
...